Thursday, July 3, 2008

Retraction: New Jamie Lidell Album is Alright With Me


I had to take the week off from Fone Culturing to attend to some other personal things, one of which is actually making music. But a few comments yesterday on my post in March about the new Jamie Lidell reminded me to say something: I take it all back! I love Jim. I love everything about it. I don't care if it's a nostalgia piece, it feels completely authentic to me - I just had to give it some time. Lidell's soul is the real McFeel and it comes through on every second of the record. In fact, when I listen back to Multiply, I hear just how tweaked-out that record actually was, and I now kind of wish it weren't.

I still think that Lidell has the potential to fuck with the mainstream, but whatever. I love his joy, his songs, his pipes... and I'm sorry I ever said anything otherwise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rodrigo did you go to school "Vladislav Ribnikar" in Belgrade?