Friday, June 13, 2008

Hidden Ghost Balloon Ship Emerging



Keep in mind, this is all tentative. There's nothing final about this artwork, or about these mixes, but at some point soon Trevor Naud (of Detroit's Zoos of Berlin) will unleash a record of brutal, surreal and bite-sized epics under the name Hidden Ghost Balloon Ship. Most of the tracks clock in at just over 2 minutes and are like the corpses of pop songs that were torn in all directions on a medieval rack. The sounds are slurred and distorted and Trevor's baritone is more ominous than usual. It makes me think of the stories I've read about David Bowie wigging out when he was deep into his occult and cocaine phase.

I rarely get to spill the beans on a work in progress on this site, but because Trevor is my friend I'm privy to all sorts of classified state secrets (which I'm willing to sell if the price is right).

Hidden Ghost Balloon Ship - "A Head For Gabriel Dove"








Hidden Ghost Balloon Ship - "The Game As A Hunter"










There's no release date yet for the Hidden Ghost album. But you can get the Zoos of Berlin EP for $2 right now through their myspace page. I saw Zoos open for The National last Saturday and it was an impressive show. As usual, they played their asses off, but finally with a sound system that could do their level of detail justice. I guess they're working on their full-length at this very moment in a large industrial space they rented for the month. Okay, I feel like the Perez Hilton of indie rock and I'm going to stop now.

Zoos of Berlin "On Large Amusements."








No comments: